IFM is committed to expanding access to functional medicine for all, and that begins with providing more opportunities for practitioners and clinicians. IFM is proud to continue offering the Functional Medicine for All Scholarship.
The Functional Medicine for All Scholarship is intended for clinicians who are beginning their certification journey and who are currently working with medically underserved communities. This scholarship was created to help foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive field of functional medicine practitioners and patients.
Broadening access to functional medicine education allows for a wider range of healthcare providers to acquire more tools to improve the health outcomes of their patients and increases the functional medicine expertise in at-risk communities.
Functional Medicine for All Scholarship serves to:
- Increase access to functional medicine training and education.
- Provide the benefits of functional medicine care to underserved communities.
- Improve health outcomes through a personalized, root-cause medicine approach that addresses the social determinants and lifestyle factors that adversely affect health.
Functional Medicine for All Scholarship Details:
- The Functional Medicine for All Scholarship will be awarded to recipients to attend our upcoming Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP).
- Virtual facilitated sessions with functional medicine professionals to enhance program learnings
Costs not included in the scholarship award include:
- IFM Membership
- Additional costs for CME
- Any APMs
- Annual International Conference
- Any IFM Certification Pathway Costs
- IFMCP Application Fee
- IFMCP Case Fee and Case Remediation Fees
- IFMCP Written Test Fee
- IFMCP Costs associated with re-certification/certification maintenance
To be eligible for a Functional Medicine for All Scholarship, applicants:
- Must be eligible for the IFM Certification Program. LEARN MORE>
- Clinicians applying must have taken at least one of the following IFM courses:
- Must not have taken AFMCP before and must have taken no more than one APM
- Must be able to demonstrate work in or with medically underserved communities. BIPOC practitioners and those working with BIPOC communities are encouraged to apply.
*This scholarship is open to practitioners in the United States and internationally.
Applications are now closed.
To be notified of all our scholarship opportunities, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page.For questions, contact email@example.com.
- Application Opens: February 27th
- Application Deadline: March 20th
- Applicants will hear back by: August 18th